-->

Friday 1 February 2013

LYS Diaries: 24th - 28th January Part 2

The school holidays are nearly over, I can’t believe it, Willoughby will be going into grade one and Hamilton will be starting school. When I was first diagnosed I didn’t think I’d get to see Willoughby start school  and now, two and a half years later, I am only a week away from seeing my youngest, Hamilton start as well. Wonders will never cease. I am so glad I get to share these important milestones with my boys.


We made pancakes the other day and a little droplet shaped like a heart fell in the pan. Willoughby decided straight away that the heart pancake should be for Uncle Sammy, how cute.




After that he wanted to make a big heart pancake for Uncle Sammy to give him energy for his big unicycle ride. This is my feeble attempt….




Hamilton and Willoughby all clean after their bath, tucking into a pikelet before story time.




When Sam and I were kids, we didn’t have a TV or computer games, so we used to play a lot of board games. We loved it. We played games like Othello, Stratego, checkers, cluedo and monopoly nearly every day. I realised last week that my boys are getting old enough to move on from snakes and ladders and start playing some older games. So this week we played Build-a-Beetle, Connect Four and Othello. I loved it and they did too. Here we are after a game of build the beetle. Willoughby named all the beetles we made; amongst them were names such as Speedy, Reddy, Cutey and Fire.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.