-->

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Connie's Diary: 13th Feb

10:24     Woke up, felt terrible, took meds, went back to bed.


12:02     Woke up, felt terrible, lay on our big sisters couch watching TV, fell asleep again.


2:46        Woke up, felt terrible, ate, drank, Sam gave me a hug and a pat on the back, fell asleep again.


4:39        Woke up, felt ok, yay! Panicked! Sponsor night starts at 5:30, need to be in car by 5:00


Had a quick shower, panicked about what to wear, got on my ‘Love Your Sister’ uniform and piled in the car with Em, Love Your Sister’s ‘Little Miss Get it Done’ and did my makeup on the way.


Sponsor night was our way of thanking our sponsors, Sam and I realise more and more every day, just how many people (experts) it takes to get an event like this on the road. And we have had so many people and companies get behind us to help make our dream come true!


Love Your Sister is so much bigger than ‘me and Sam’ now. Our Little engine that could is now a steam train going a million miles an hour, and nothing is going to stop it!


I was so nervous making a speech to these really important people, people who have provided support just because they love the idea and want to help. I really didn’t want to stuff it up. I just couldn’t help myself, some tears escaped. But I think I got my point across in the end and I really enjoyed getting to meet people face to face, most of whom I hadn’t met before, because up until now it was all phone and email. It was a great chance for Sam and me to say a big thank you before he sets off on Friday (what did I just say? Friday???? That is less than 2 days away, how did it get so close?)


We got home to 2 massive packages from ASICS, just in time for Sam to set off on Friday. He said “Now that makes me feel like an ‘elite’ athlete”.  He has been so busy with logistics and PR lately that he hasn’t had much time for training these past 2 weeks. Hopefully he still feels like an athlete on Day 1, if he doesn’t, I’m sure that being comfortable on the ‘loonycycle’ in his new ASICS gear will help a little.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.