-->

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Connie's Diary: 6th - 11th Feb Part 1

Sorry for the late post! It’s been pretty crazy!


Wednesday saw a few firsts in my life…I met Karl Stefanovic, Gold Logie winner, when he came to my house to interview Sam and me for The Today Show. What an experience, I can see why this guy is the journalist he is, and why he has so many awards to his name.


In the interview he cut through to the heart of the story in no time, and made me cry, but not sob uncontrollably, thinking about what we are doing, and what my family is facing in the near future.




The Lovely Vicki, makeup artist to a lot of politicians here in Canberra did my makeup and hair for The Today Show, and what a job she did! Made me feel like a million bucks and ready for our interview.



Another first on Wednesday was I joined Twitter, I am still a bit confused about how it works, and why, but it’s fun so I jumped in. Karl Stefanovic was my first follower! How cool is that?


Hammy is in his first days of school, and he has allergies, really bad allergies. He is allergic to milk, eggs and nuts; anaphylactic allergic.


Last year he had a bad reaction where he stopped breathing and the epipen wasn’t enough, he had to have a second shot to get his heart going and get him breathing again.


This week he had his first visit to the school nurse, a lovely woman, but thankfully, it was just a sore knee, that simply needed a couple of bandaids. I am glad he has met her, and been helped by her in a small and rather normal visit to the school nurse, not a massive dramatic allergic reaction. A scuffed up knee we can handle.


Part 2 will coming soon! 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.