-->

Thursday 14 February 2013

Connie's Diary: Thurs 14th Feb (Part I)

It all starts tomorrow – arrghhhhh, how are we going to get everything done in time?


6:00        Get up with the sparrows to do interview on Nova with Hughesy and Kate. Now, I am a massive Hughesy fan, and even more so after The Project on Monday night when he said that I was beautiful J




Nerves running very high. Adrenaline pumping. I can’t remember the interview at all, but apparently it went quite well, phew! After the interview I was trying to tweet about it ‘cos I was so excited, when Em (my besty) reminded me that I can tweet later, ‘cos right now he is standing right next to me, and now would be the time to talk to him! Also had a great chat with Kate Langbroek, whose little boy is fighting Leukemia. Heart breaking, but she is so strong and positive, I was so inspired by her attitude to it all. I have often pondered that as bad as it is to have cancer, it would be a million times worse if one of my boys was sick, I don’t know how she can bear watching her little one go through the hell of treatment and feeling so sick, she is an incredibly strong women and mummy. Thanks to all at Nova100 for sharing the Love Your Sister story.


When Em asked me how I felt about meeting Husghesy, and this is the photo she took:




9:00        Over to Mix 101.1 to meet Chrissie Swan and Jane Hall after Sam’s interview. Chrissie has been a major supporter of Love Your Sister since the beginning and it was lovely to meet her in person today. She is very pregnant, and still working like crazy, and such a happy person, a big pleasure to meet her.




10:30am:    With the help of 2 inspiring young women who went through my first cancer journey with me, Nat Clemmets and Nat Fielding we managed to get the caravan stocked with everything we could think the boys might need to get them through the first couple of weeks. Nat and Nat are both cancer survivors who have gone on to have families of their own and lead amazing lives. Both have struggled with numerous health problems resulting from the side effects of the treatment we had as kids, but have faced it with strength and fortitude. Both have also been helping in a huge way with preparations for the Love Your Sister Launch. Today they did the food shopping, and helped pack the van and the caravan with everything from insect repellent to beef stroganoff for the freezer. Thanks guys, couldn’t have done it without your help.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.