-->

Monday 11 February 2013

LYS Diaries: 29th Jan - 5th Feb

Lately Love Your Sister has been so busy that it has been giving me a reason to get out of bed every day and get the most out of each moment. Well, not all days can be good days can they? I have hit the wall a bit. I guess I needed a reminder that I still have cancer, and need to take rest when I need it and that I can’t go burning the candle at both ends. After a few days in bed I’m good to go again.


The emails for LYS continue to go back and forth and we are slowly ticking away, getting ready for launch it is all hands on deck. We have an amazing group of people helping us bring it all together, everyone is working for nothing but the love of the cause and their dedication and commitment is heartwarming, and not just that they are great at what they do to boot. Sam and I are so lucky to have so many wonderful and skilled people working to help make our dream come true. And it all starts in just 10 days!




Willoughby and Hamilton have had a great time on the school holidays, Christmas of course brought all sorts of happiness as it does to kids their age, then we got to go away together to the beach thanks to their uncle and aunt, then when we got back they have had plenty of quality time with Dad and Mum.


Daddy has been taking them down the lake, kicking the footy with them, gone bike riding, all the fun outdoors stuff. Meanwhile back at the ranch, I have been doing arts and crafts with them. I love all the fun stuff you can get now, it’s so cool. We have been making and painting plaster molds  glass painting, hama beading, painting and making monsters and aliens with googly eyes.




But the holidays can’t last forever, and on Monday I went through the emotions of first day of school of my youngest child, like many other parents across the country. It’s a funny feeling, being so proud of them, but at the same time, being a bit sad that they aren’t you’re little baby any more. Hammy, just like his older brother at this time last year, looked so cute and undersized in his big school uniform, with his wide brimmed hat and carrying a bag that looks like it weighs more than he does. Hammy did well, although he wanted me to stay, he didn’t cry or grizzle and a few minutes later when I peeked in the window, he was engrossed in what the teacher was saying and had forgotten all about me. My little baby is growing up!





On the first day of school, only the kindy’s, year 7’s and new kids go, so Willoughby didn’t start Grade 1 until Tuesday. He took it all in his stride, happy to be back at school. Here they are, both in their cute uniforms, gorgeous little boys.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.