-->

Wednesday 13 February 2013

LYS Diary: 6th - 11th Feb Part 2

Friday I had some treatment, it was one of those days when I really know I am sick, where every step is an effort, I was feeling heavy and tired and just wanted to sleep, but off to the hospital again. This is a treatment that strengthens my bones so that I don’t get breaks where the tumours are, so it is kind of essential that I don’t pike on these appointments. The lovely staff at 14A at the Canberra Hospital were lovely and gentle and friendly as usual, and the treatment is done for another month.



I was going to come to Melbourne on Friday, for the week leading up to Launch, but couldn’t be away from my darling boys for that long so I stayed home for the weekend. So glad I did. We built another train track (a favourite activity of both boys) and did some more glass painting. Also did quite a lot of reading. My little boys are growing up, they are both going in leaps and bounds with the reading and comprehension. Oh to have the capacity to learn that they do as an adult!


Over the weekend I got sick with tonsilitis, and feared that I wouldn’t be able to come to Melbourne at all, let alone see Sam off on Friday, but antibiotics have come to my rescue and I am now on the mend. Big sigh of relief.


So Monday came around and Mike dropped me at the airport with the boys, they wanted to come with me, but were somewhat consoled by the promise that I will see them on Thursday when they come down in the car with Daddy. They are really looking forward to wishing uncle long legs good luck on his big unicycle ride. And they want T-shirts!


After reading the new idea article I had a big sleep on the plane and arrived in Melbourne somewhat dishevelled, but still definitely in one piece, ready for the onslaught of work. Due to feeling a little under the weather, not much work got done, but I did manage to watch Sam on the desk of the ‘The Project’ on Channel 10. I am so proud of him, he did such a good job, and the panel were so supportive of our cause. I was quite overwhelmed and very excited that so many viewers saw the piece and were moved by it. Over 2000 people liked the LYS Facebook page after The Project, and Garvan are still tallying up all the new donations that came in off the back of it.


After the Project we got a heap of new visitors to our Facebook page and Twitter, and I got some new followers, including, drum roll please…….Megan Gale! I am so glad that we are using social media, this idea of ‘social media for social good’ is absolutely amazing! Thanks to everyone who has liked us and is following our story.


We are doing it, we are getting the word out there, and people are relating to us, sharing their stories of love and loss and getting behind us hook line and sinker. It is so incredible. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.