-->

Sunday 17 February 2013

LYS Diary: Day 2

Wow. I have such a renewed faith in humankind! All types of people in all types of places and situations are stepping forward to donate. There’s nothing more encouraging than having a car load of people pull over on the highway, rush out and shove notes in your tin. All of a sudden you don’t feel your legs burning up anymore. All of a sudden you’re not wondering whether you’ve bitten off more than you can chew. All of a sudden you’re drowning in joy and generosity. It makes my legs lighter and it lifts the whole team too.



We’re having all of the teething issues you’d expect us to have at this point. One of our caravan cupboards was a little loose, which resulted in tomato paste EVERYWHERE! We still haven’t quite managed to get the water going. Our storage system is barely coping (invariably what you need is at the back and bottom of a pile), we’re still trying to get our freezer to freeze properly, my body isn’t coping as well as I’d like and we didn’t meet our kilometre quota today, but all of that kinda stuff will iron itself out in due course.





I competed in a TimTam challenge today and found out that I could balance 15 or so packs of TimTams in my hand, whilst on the unicycle!

Afterwards I met a guy called Dimitrios. He lost his sister to breast cancer at the same age as  I am now and he brought along something for me to sign. It was the tie he wore at her funeral. I didn’t want to wreck his beautiful tie, but he wanted me to, so I signed the back of it so he can still wear it. He still misses her pretty badly and my heart bled for him. It’s meeting other people, also directly effected by breast cancer, that is wrecking me. In a good way of course. Off to Beaufort tomorrow for a Vegemite challenge and getting there via the Avenue of Honour, which’ll be amazing. Talk soon! xsj


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.