-->

Monday 18 February 2013

LYS Diary: Day 3

Pit stop between Ballarat and Beaufort!




Rocked into Beaufort today with absolutely no idea what the Bendigo Bank there had arranged!


We met at the rotunda and I was stoked to see a large section of the community gathered. The local brass band were pumping out the classics, Rotary were all over the snags and fizzy and the Beaufort CFA had a truck there with the lights going.


I pulled out the trick bikes we carry for the kids, and soon they were scooting madly about the place and everyone was having a merry old time. Then I was issued with my second challenge!


It turns out that the guy who invented Vegemite was a Beaufort man, so it fell on me to smear myself with five jars of Vegemite in 60 seconds. When they told me I had to take my top off, I froze on the inside. I always do. It’s happened when I’ve done tv work before too. I don’t like taking my top off because I’m pigeon chested and I’ve been self conscious about it since I was a kid. But there wasn’t time to bother about that. It was all for a good cause and everyone was waiting. So I committed. Fully. Got it all over me, then finished with a jig. Gotta have a laugh.




At the end, when I was getting hosed off by the CFA, with no top on, I realised I didn’t care about my stupid pigeon chest anymore. Who knows, by the end of all this I might actually get over myself! xsj

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.