-->

Wednesday 20 February 2013

LYS Diary: Day 5

I spotted these massive boulders on my way in to Stawell today. They were stunning and I had to stop even though I was running behind.


I grabbed a unicycle, climbed on of the boulders and rode on a boulder! So many firsts on this trip…anyway, it wasn’t until I was chatting with a local afterwards that he told me they were called ‘The Sister Rocks’. Uncanny. No wonder I was drawn to them!


"They gain impressiveness partly from the fact that they are of particularly large size, and partly for their unexpectedness. Such tors usually occur in mountain areas, or in areas where there are other large and abundant rock outcrops. The Sisters, however, stand up in lordly isolation, set in the middle of the bush, on an area that is little more than a sandy plain with low undulations. They are the remains of an enormous mass of granite that at one time formed the core or heart of great mountain ranges that have long since been worn away by the ceaseless activities of wind and sun, rain and frost, and running water."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.