-->

Thursday 28 February 2013

LYS Diary: Day 8

Road to Nhill


I never realised how much the community engagement would effect me. It just goes straight through my heart. Sweating it out on a unicycle is such a tiny price to pay for the chance to engage with communities on a truly meaningful level. Today was everything I wanted Love Your Sister to be.


We rocked up at Jaypex Park and it was chock full of families, all gathered harmoniously in beautiful surrounds. One by one, I met just about all of them. Kim wore a massive pair of pink costumed knockers around town all afternoon and raised a small fortune.


I’ll give you this for free, those knockers would not have been easy to carry around and she soldiered through the heat like a right trouper! Janelle organised the whole shebang and hit it out of the park, so to speak.


Ten’s ‘The Project’ crossed to us and that was absolutely nerve-wracking, as it has been every time (3 times now - wow!). Then we had a sheep shearing challenge. Chippa the sheepologist, kept everyone entertained while poor Josh (gun shearer) had to take the city slicker through it step by step. I did terribly, but it didn’t matter. I had great fun and learnt a lot.



This trip is full of things I’d never have experienced otherwise. All these firsts tickle me pink, I tells ya. The Kennedy’s dropped over a pav after it all, and I thought, if I die tomorrow I die a contented man.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.