-->

Tuesday 12 February 2013

LYS Diary: Lead Up to Launch

What a buzz! There has been so much happening I hardly know where to begin. We have been doing media interviews, shopping for supplies for the caravan, cooking food for the boys, packing, making merchandise signage and storage and still trying to organise the first 6 weeks of events for Sam to attend to raise money and awareness in each community he visits along the way.


As we are family run, with a very small operating budget (considering the magnitude of the event), nearly all of the work is being done by Sam and me, and our lovely and supportive friends and family.


Haven’t really known what to make of it all, I have been oscillating between feeling almost nauseous with nerves to feeling ecstatic about all the support we have been getting so far. Part of me has been wondering if we can pull this thing off. There is so much work to be done behind the scenes that it is difficult to comprehend how we have come this far, let alone how we are going to make it to launch and beyond.


Thanks, a HUGE shout out to Print Design Australia, Dion and Di have been nothing short of angelic in their donation of time, expertise, and innovative ideas on how to promote Love Your Sister. I only need to say “Do you think we could do some stickers?” and Dion comes back with, “Yeah I thought that would be a good idea, I have done some already, I’ll show you when  see you tonight” and there they are in front of us. Seriously Dion is so committed to Love Your Sister, I feel like he is another brother in the whole project.





And WOW, The Village Agency, where would we be without Justine and the crew? Only a year ago, Sam had never even used Facebook before, and I wasn’t much better. Now, Love Your Sister has Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and even a Youtube channel. No matter how you like to check out what we are up to, you can – in no small way due to the hard work, dedication and technical know-how of Justine and the gang. 


So I think we look like the real deal, and people are donating, and following our journey, but we haven’t even left yet, not one Kilometre has been pedaled. Can we do it? I think if anyone can, it’s Samuel, my dear, big-hearted little bro, but is it too big even for him? I guess we’ll see in a couple of days.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.