-->

Wednesday 6 March 2013

LYS Diary: Day 12 & 13 in RADelaide

Mix 102.3’s Jodie, Mark and Snowy provided me and sis with a pretty unforgettable chat, during mine and Connie’s PR whirlwind over two days in Radelaide.


One thing you don’t expect on the usual publicity round is to get emotional. But I ‘spose LYS isn’t that usual!? There’s an emphasis, particularly on FM radio, for the light-hearted and irreverent, and you never expect to get too in-depth in a few minutes on morning radio.

Jodie, Mark and Snowy just went straight there though, with startling precision. They asked us first, we said we were open and then Jodie asked CJ about the kids. It’s pretty hard not to wilt at that point.



We had a great chatski and when CJ and I reflected on it a couple of days later (after we’d recovered!), we agreed that it was a positive thing that they confronted the issue instead of skitting furtively past it. In the subsequent days in Radelaide there were so many people who came and chatted with us and donated, off the back of hearing that interview, it was overwhelming.

So kudos to Mix, for sure, for having morning hosts keen to get to the heart of a matter… 


Mel van Deventer, from Deventer PR opened up her and her sister’s house to us during our trip. She sorted some great media opps, got us into the Garden of Unearthly Delights and the Clipsal 500 for fundraising, got us around in just about the coolest mobile I’ve ever sat in, helped Connie with the mega cook-up, etc, etc.


She attacks life with all the vigour you could hope for and was eternally positive. I was getting a bit too close to the bi-polar bear when I arrived in Radelaide. I was out of sorts to say the least, and Mel took everything in her stride. I hope she sees me in a better frame of mind when I next pass through. It was a culture shock going from the country roads and towns to the hectic pace of the city. I’ll be more prepared for it next time.



Finally, an example of an individual who just goes that extra million miles. Lil Miss Macaron spent serious time and effort into creating a true macaron heaven in Hindmarsh square. My only regret is that I wasn’t there for the whole day. We met some fab people, but it was the industry and heart shown by lil miss macaron, buggyboo girl and Bella’s fella that really got to us.




Well ove 4,000 fat ones were raised, but it was the raising of all of our spirits that meant the most. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Hope you’re reading this guys. xx



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.