-->

Friday 8 March 2013

LYS Diary: Day 16

The Clare Valley has to be one of the most picturesque parts of the trip I’ve seen to date. Whilst my body doesn’t necessarily appreciate the beauty of the Valley’s breath-taking undulations, they did provide a willing distraction for my mind!


Emily and Heather turned on a treat in Clare. The main drag was splashed in pink and we had a bumper cocktail function at Wild Saffron Cafe. I had nothing in the tank, but everybody there lifted my energy and spirits. I was an auctioneer for the first time too - what a buzz. Very tough though, at the same time! It’s hard for me to work without a script because I bloody rabbit on…in any case, the Clare locals were most patient, engaging and enthusiastic about the cause. It was kind of strange finding such a cosmopolitan scene there. A great mix of country-types and wine officianado’s. A beautiful and interesting place to visit.


Special thanks to David and Michael from Thorn Park, By The Vines, who put us up in the most splendid luxury at their bed and breakfast. They cooked us the finest grub and treated us like kings. Coming from the caravan (which we do genuinely love living in) to their palatial grounds was a shock to the system, in the best way. I slept like a frog.


In the morning I popped into A.C. Podiatry before peddling off. Abbe and Lauren did my toenails pink and donated 350 big ones. Definitely the easiest challenge to date! 


Very tired, must sleep…

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.