-->

Friday 12 April 2013

Connie's Diary: 18 - 25th March Part 2

Willoughby and Hammy have been missing their uncle long legs (that is what they call him, because he is so tall to them, and has such very long legs). They have been mapping his progress and are very excited that he has about to get to Uluru. They drew him a picture each, which we sent off to them to pick up in Alice Springs. They both drew the Love Your Sister heart, and Hammy even included the paint splatters, which I thought was very cute. Willoughby thought it would be funny to call him big toes instead of long legs this time J







Willoughby copied the corporate logo, very neatly.







Hammy copied the grungier splatter logo


Every time there is an event I think the boys will like, I try really hard to take them to it. This habit started in 2012, when I decided that I had to do as many special things with them as I could while I was healthy enough to do so. Well, we managed to do heaps last year, and the tradition has continued. So this weekend it was off to the model railway exhibition. I have been taking them to this yearly event since they were 1 and 2 years old, both being mad about trains, how could I resist? It is wonderful that they still get enjoyment out of it, every year they notice new things and find it interesting in a different way because they have grown up a bit since last time. 



The highlight this year were the Lego trains, because they have really started to get into Lego this last year or so, especially Hammy. He got a Lego book for Christmas that is just about falling apart he uses it so much. He sleeps with it and takes it everywhere with him, even the grocery store! So needless to say the Lego trains were quite popular, but they also enjoyed the trains they were allowed to operate themselves, driving them fast and slow and stopping them at the stations. 




This week I got to speak to Sam finally. It feels like it has been ages, it hasn’t been that long, but while he has been in the outback I have missed him terribly. I can keep him informed of important information and find out that he is safe using the satellite phone (thanks Pivotel!) but to have a really good chat we really need a landline or mobile tower. So I got to speak to him on his normal phone this week (thanks Vodafone!)


 He said “Thanks for giving me this Con, for giving me Love Your Sister. I haven’t experienced anything so real and meaningful in all my life until now, and now I am living it everyday. It is amazing, you should be very proud of yourself Con, we both should.” I was nearly in tears because he is so right, we have dreamed of this and planned for this for such a long time, and we actually pulled it off (with the help of many many people and sponsors), but we have actually made our dream real, we are doing it. I am so incredibly proud of him for doing the k’s on that crazy unicycle every day, then for doing all the events and fundraisers in all the towns along the way. My admiration knows no bounds. He ended the phone call with “I’ve gotta go to bed, I’m tired, I love you, I love you, I love you” Fair enough, he should get some rest ‘cos he’s got to do it all again tomorrow, and I love him too.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.