-->

Sunday 14 April 2013

Connie's Diary: ID Bracelet & Missing Uluru

Last year, in July I got really sick. It started with feeling sick in the tummy and a slight temperature. Within an hour Mike called the ambulance I was so sick, they took me straight to Emergency where I was put into acute care.


In 8 hours I was being resuscitated. Because my body is so weakened by all the cancer and the treatment I am on, it doesn’t take much for me to get so sick that I can’t talk for myself and need serious help to survive.


Since then I have been meaning to get a medical ID bracelet, so that if I get sick while I am out and about, people would know that there was a problem and would be able to ring to get details about me. Well, I haven’t got around to it. But recently, through Love Your Sister, I was given one by Nicole Graham, the Director of Emergency ID Australia. Not only is it very practical, but it is also very beautiful and I happily wear it every day. It even has a breast cancer charm on it!


Check it out, isn’t it beautiful?




Missing Uluru


Samuel has been in Uluru and Alice Springs this week. I really wanted to go with him, I have never seen the desert before and I really wanted to see it with him. But I wanted to be with my boys here in Canberra more, so I stayed here and spent Easter with my boys. I’m glad I did because we had a great Easter, but looking at all the fun Sam, Jon Bon Jonno and Ley Ley are having in the outback, I must admit, I got a twinge of jealousy. I will have to settle for living vicariously through Sam for a lot of this journey, and this is a shining example of that. Check out his blogs and the Facebook and Instagram to see what he has been up to this week, it is action packed and the scenery looks breathtaking.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.