-->

Friday 3 May 2013

Connie's Diary: Chemo Holiday

Chemo – I am onto cycle 25 of this chemo, Xeloda, which is tablet form. Before that I had IV chemo, 6 cycles and other drugs to try to stop the spread of the disease. It was spreading voraciously between every scan. The good news is it is stopping the spread of the disease. The bad news is that it is still chemo and it is tiring. Most people are exhausted after having one or two cycles of chemo, as I was. But as the cycles tick on I am getting more and more exhausted. It is hard to describe how it feels, except by saying that every day feels like the worst hang over of my life – without the good night before hand. I am tired. I need a break.


My oncologist has said that I can have a break to try to recharge my batteries. I am going to have 5 weeks off. Hopefully, by the end of those 5 weeks I will be feeling normal again, and won’t be sleeping 16 hours minimum per day. That would be great.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.