-->

Sunday 26 May 2013

Connie's Diary: Lethargy

Lethargy


I am in the 2nd week of my chemo holiday (that’s a break from chemo). I am probably expecting too much, but I was hoping to feel better by now, I guess I just have to be patient, hopefully as my body has more time to recover I will start to feel a bit more energetic, and won’t be needing to sleep as much. Fingers crossed.


Why aren’t you in bed Mummy?


You know that you are sleeping a lot if you’re kids ask you why you are not in bed when they get home from school.  Hammy walked in after school yesterday and said, ‘Hi Mum, why aren’t you in bed?’ It was such an innocent question, as most things they say are, but for him to think it was unusual for me to be awake, so much so that he asked  a question about it, it really highlighted to me how much I do sleep, and how much of my kids’ lives I am missing while I am sick or tired. The poor little kids, they just expect not to see me after school. They just expect that I am going to be too sick or tired to get up and play with them. I wish I had more energy for them, to enjoy more fun times, play, and even more homework time with them.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.