-->

Saturday 1 June 2013

Connie's Diary: Wulagi

Wulagi


Sam gets to visit heaps of kids in schools along the way, and this is the first time I have done a school visit with him. What a privilege it is to talk to children in their school environment about cancer and Love Your Sister. They had all dressed up in Pink and had made welcome posters that were simply adorable. While I was talking a little girl ran up from her class and gave me a huge hug. It was such a moving experience.




After the special Love Your Sister Assembly, we were lucky enough to meet with an intimate group of students who are experiencing grief. We had a very touching little chat with a small group of kids experiencing sadness and I felt honoured that they talked to us about their loss. It gave me a glimpse into what my children will experience, and affected me profoundly. I cried with these children, and later when I was alone and reflected on it, I cried for these children, then I cried for my boys, who, before long will lose their own mummy. I wish there was something I could do to ease their pain, some way that I could prepare them for what they are going to have to experience at a young age.


Thanks to Jacqui, Matilde and Leilani for getting us involved with Wulagi and to Susan Kilgour, Principle who worked with us to organise this great event and Karen – you know who you are and what you contributed.




Keep informed on TwitterFacebook and Instagram 


Of course, please continue your support by donating!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.