-->

Sunday 23 June 2013

Connie's Diary: Ord River and Chemo Holiday

Ord River


Before this epic odyssey began I set Sam a number of challenges to complete along the way. One of them was to cross the Ord River dam at night. Apparently if you shine a flashlight up the river you see hundreds of red eyes looking back at you in the night. I have read books and seen documentaries on the Ord River and it sounds amazing, something I would really love to see.


Sam is there now, and I am not well enough to join him there. It is a sad moment for me, because the Ord was part of this journey that I didn’t want to miss out on. He went out on the Ord today and the photos look magnificent. At the moment I will have to enjoy it vicariously and be thankful that at least one of us got to see it. I look forward to seeing him again and hearing all about it.


Disappointed about chemo holiday


At about this time last year I was feeling really tired and worn out and I had a break from the chemo for about a month. It really refreshed me and had me walking with a spring in my step. I didn’t realise it, but I was expecting a similar effect from this chemo holiday. I am disappointed that I don’t feel better, it hasn’t really done anything to rejuvenate me or recharge my batteries so far, here’s hoping I get some results as time goes by. Maybe I will be feeling better by the time I start chemo again, who knows, it’s possible.


Keep informed on TwitterFacebook and Instagram 


Of course, please continue your support by donating!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.