-->

Friday 7 June 2013

Connie's Diary: Precinct Tavern & Today Show Cross

Precinct Tavern


I missed the Precinct Tavern event as well, too tired, but I am sure Sam had enough fun for both of us! The idea was that if I rest tonight I might be OK for the live cross to The Today Show in the morning and for tomorrow’s events, We’ll see.  


Thanks to Jennifer Kollman for organising this great night and for thinking of so many ways to raise extra money for the cause.


Today show cross


I woke up at 8:30 and realised that I had missed my alarms (I set 3 last night) and missed 2 calls from Sam and a call from a private number. I was so disappointed. Again, I had slept through stuff I really wanted to do. I wondered how the cross went, and because of the time difference, I was lucky enough to catch it. Sam was really sweet, he sent me a really cute message saying that he hopes I am feeling better soon, and Karl Stefanovic was charming and interested as he always is. He and the Today Show have been so incredibly supportive of Love Your Sister, and have helped us raise awareness and money for vital research. I was really disappointed to have missed the cross, but no sooner had I watched the cross my phone rings, it is a private number. I could have fallen over with excitement when the voice on the other end of the phone said it was Karl Stefanovic! He had called to see how I was feeling given that I hadn’t been well enough to do the cross. I was gobsmacked and I don’t think I could string a sensible sentence together I was so star struck. It was such a lovely gesture of kindness, and it really perked me up and got me inspired to at least try to go to some of the functions today.


Keep informed on TwitterFacebook and Instagram 


Of course, please continue your support by donating!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.