-->

Thursday 13 June 2013

Connie's Diary: Project Cross & Hibiscus

Project Cross


Channel Ten’s The Project have been big Love Your Sister Supporters since the beginning. Today we did another cross. It just doesn’t get any less nerve wracking, even after practice. I truly don’t know how Carrie and the team do it, AND make it look so easy. It was great to chat to the guys on the desk again, they are so lovely and down to earth and their support for LYS is really heartwarming. I was glad that I didn’t miss this cross as well, after the disappointment of missing the Today Show cross I couldn’t have missed another thing.


Hibiscus


Carmel Kennedy organised an event at The Hibiscus Bar, which does a topless night. Who would be more concerned about breast cancer than women who need them for their work, and the men who enjoy it from the other side of the bar? I think this fundraiser was a stroke of genius because it is such a poignant message when you are at a topless bar! I thought I would be uncomfortable seeing breasts everywhere, when I don’t have any anymore, but it wasn’t uncomfortable at all, just part of the night. There was a huge raffle and auction and so many people came along to support the cause. In one night, they raised over $7000! Although I left not long into the event to go back to the hotel and get some rest I got to meet some people and got the vibe that it was going to shape up into a big night and a good fundraiser.


I went back to the Vibe/Adina and had dinner in bed and a big rest. I think that the chips were the best chips I have ever had, and I am somewhat of a hot sip fanatic, so that is really saying something. After my yummy vegies and delicious chips with aioli I put my feet up and had a big rest. I am starting to get my strength back, but have delayed my flight home for a couple of days in the hope that I will feel stronger soon and more confident to fly in a few days.


There was a delivery from The Silver Grevillea at the hotel. They delivered a lovely basket of goodies and some beautiful flowers for us to enjoy. I am constantly surprised by people generosity and love, this is yet another example of people giving what they can and sharing in the Love Your Sister experience.



Me and Michelle Teather with the lovely flowers from The Silver Grevillea.


Keep informed on TwitterFacebook and Instagram 


Of course, please continue your support by donating!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.