-->

Thursday 11 July 2013

LOVE YOUR WALPOLE WILDERNESS


Since the very beginning of LYS, when Connie and I decided that we’d combine our challenge system with her own personal bucket-list, Connie was adamant that I experience the tree top walk in the Walpole Wilderness on her behalf. It’s a series of boardwalks strung 40 metres above ground, snaking through the tops of the beautiful Tingle Tree Forrest. These are no ordinary trees - they tower higher than any other trees I’ve seen before, reminiscent of The Magic Faraway Tree. The trees there are so tall and majestic; it felt unreal. So it was with mixed feelings that I embarked upon her challenge - to ride through the tree tops atop my one-wheeler. It felt wrong that she wasn’t there, but at the same time it was impossible not to appreciate the majesty of the place. I recorded this little vid to try and help capture the experience. A great reward really, for enduring the most challenging undulations of the trip thus far. Sorry to rub it in sis!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.