-->

Sunday 4 August 2013

Connie's Diary: Preparing for the big surprise

After Darwin, I wasn’t sure that I would make it to Perth, but the whole time I have been hoping that I would make it. I couldn’t commit, because I never know how I will be feeling in advance, but when ‘The Project’ offered to fly me over for a surprise visit to Sam I was so excited.


I have had to keep it a secret from Sam, which has felt cruel. Every time he asked if I was coming to Perth I had to say that I wasn’t feeling strong enough and it wasn’t looking good. It felt absolutely awful lying to him, but I really wanted to surprise him in Perth. The plan was that Carrie would go over to Perth, and ride into Perth with Sam (on a 2 wheeler) then she would present me as a surprise once they got there. When Sam heard that Carrie would be joining him on the road he rang me up and said “Con, you have to come to Perth now, Carrie Bickmore is coming and riding with me, you have to come, you can’t miss this!”



I felt like such a phoney when I said that I would love to, but I just can’t, the kids need me and Mike has exams, so I really can’t come, plus I just don’t know if I am up to travelling at the moment. Samuel was so excited that it felt awful to fib to him, but the surprise should be worth it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.