-->

Sunday 4 August 2013

Connie's Diary: Visiting Hammy’s Class

Last year, in the times when I was feeling ok, I went to Willoughby’s class and helped out one afternoon per week. I assisted with reading, craft, and crowd control, which is what school is like sometimes. I really enjoyed seeing Willoughby in his classroom, with all of the children he talks about at home. It was also great to get to know the other children in his class and just being involved helped lift my spirits and give me something to look forward to each week.


Love Your Sister has been taking up most of my spare time and energy this year, so I haven’t been able to do the same thing for Hamilton in his first year of school, but lately, since I have been having a chemo break and feeling a little more energised, I have been able to get back to the school to help out. It is really great being back, and doing this year, what I did with Willoughby last year.



It is really great to see Hamilton at school, and get to know his friends and classmates. I just love being in the classroom, I think if I had my time again I would study teaching and become a teacher, perhaps in a special needs environment, to incorporate my love for the disability field. I really do love the classroom and helping young students with the reading and activities. It is so amazing to watch them grow up in that first year of school; they make a huge transformation from being pre-schoolers to being big school kids by the end of the first year. It is incredible. I hope that my health stays strong and that I can continue to go and help in the class as I really enjoy and so does Hammy.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.